Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Some times God throws you a tattoo...

     God threw me a curve ball today. He threw me a tattoo. Now before people start thinking I got a tattoo let me take a step back. I have been seriously trying to find out what God has in store for my life and what I need to be doing. ... Well today I was standing outside my advisers office and a man came up the stairs next to me. I said hey to him and he went off to another room somewhere. In a couple minutes he came back and was waiting to see the same lady. I noticed that he had a tattoo that was shiny on his arm so I figured he got it recently because when you first get them you are supposed to put some type of lotion type stuff on them for like the first week or so. Anyway I asked him about it and we started talking about tattoos. I told him that I had considered getting one of a cross on my back. And he asked me if I was religious. I of course said I yes. He then said that he isn't very religious as far as going to church every Sunday but he does remember the part of scripture about treating your body as the temple of God. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) He said that when he was 18 he made decisions that he wishes he could take back. He said that he suggest that I really think about it and take into consideration that part in the Bible that he mentioned and also to not base my decision on emotions because it is something that last will last with me forever. ... While he was saying this it made me think of college right now and soccer. It made me think about how what he just said can apply to every part of my life. Especially not basing things off of emotion because I am young and I have a lot to learn and a long time to learn it in Lord willing. So I then spoke with him about college and my coach and soccer. He reminded me that I have time left in this school year and we have more practices and games to come. So what if I didn't get as much playing time as I would have liked? That is now in the past and I have time to work on becoming the player I know that I can be. If after I have worked my butt for the rest of this year and I am still not seeing my place in the team becoming bigger then I can start thinking of a new route for me to take. ... Anyway, I don't even know if my recreation of what happened made sense but my point is, I think that God wants me to fight through at least until the summer. And deep down I feel that He wants me here for another year. So we will see how things work out... Please keep me in your prayers! Thank you!


Btw, this was not a slam on people having tattoos. I think that is personal between you and God and if you feel God is okay with you having one then go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment