Thursday, December 29, 2011

One door closes another door opens...

     Hey everyone! I am sorry I have not posted in a while but I have been going through a lot lately. First before I begin, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and ya'll really honored the Lord this Christ-mas season.
     Well where do I begin? I guess I will just put it out here straight forward and honest and I will try and make sense of everything that has been going on sound good? ... I decided to quit playing soccer for South Georgia College. I am going to take two classes this next semester and I already have a job at the YMCA in Waycross. And as weird as it may sound... I am completely happy and at peace.
     The reasons, without going into tons of in depth detail of every thought that I had, are simple. I got extremely stressed out this semester because I was trying to do my very best in everything and I wasn't receiving much reward at all. (Now that sounds like a spoiled brat attitude, but trust me that's not all.) I couldn't stop thinking about what I was doing, I was completely not at peace in my mind or heart at all. I have always felt that if I can look around and feel at peace with my life because God is happy with what I am doing then I need to keep on doing it. But this was not peaceful at all. I was prepared to go back and do this next semester at South Georgia but I just did not feel at peace about it. I felt like I needed to take a step back for right now. I dreamed about it at night, and thought about it all day long. But since I decided to do what I am doing, I have slept wonderfully, and everything has been going good.
     I think God threw me a huge curve ball. And I sort of feel bad about posting that I felt God wanted me to be at SGC for another year. But maybe that was a good thing because it can show everyone who has not swung at a curve ball before kind of what they are really like.
     I don't know for certain whether or not I will play college soccer ever again, I don't know if this curve ball is still curving or if it's already in the catchers glove. But I am working out and keeping in shape and enjoying everything now. And if or when I get another opportunity to play, I am going to blow the roof off.
     So the title for this blog is still very much the same. And I still am going to post and continue this. I'm going through a lot and I would really appreciate all of the prayer support I can get. I just trying to please God that is all. But I am going to end with this quote which is my personal favorite.....

     "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment